Wednesday, July 02, 2003 / Comments (0) / by elizabeth

from my livejournal…

So, I woke up this morning after a restless night spent thinking about money (or lack thereof). I decided I would try to sell some things - like textbooks and clothes - to try to get enough money for Charleston. I ended up with about $30 extra...BUT then I decided to swallow my pride and go talk to the guy at the bank. He happens to be a good friend of my mom's, and he looked at my account.

What happens next should be a lesson for everyone...

he made me shred my debit card


I am 22 years old, and I suck with money so bad that the bank manager made me shred my debit card. Not only that, but he made me promise not to get another one ("here or any other financial institution") for a year. Oh, my beloved debit card, how I will miss thee.

But the good news is, he put a bunch of money back into my account. I now have money to go to Charleston. And enough money to buy some new black flip flops since mine got lost at camp.

All is well.