Wednesday, March 26, 2003 / Comments (0) / by elizabeth

from my livejournal…

I am somewhere in between optimistic and depressed...how can that be? It's not really possible, but it's how I feel. I feel like I am finally getting it together - by "it" I mean my life - yet I have nothing to look forward to. Well, within the next month at least. I have to work a lot and GO TO SCHOOL.
I just got the letter of acceptance today for Summer Staff at the Young Life camp in Virginia, for May 31 through June 26. I don't know what my "job" will be yet, though.
My friend S told me today that I am so lucky to be able to do whatever I want with my life...I can go out of town all the time to follow a band around, or randomly take off for a month to work at a camp, and if she could she would do the same thing. It was nice to hear that, because I am so lucky to be able to do whatever I want. I have virtually no ties, except school, which will be over soon. Scary. She wouldn't trade her life or her son for anything. It's weird how everyone has a place, if ya know what I mean. I don't ever want to feel suffocated, because the last place I would want to be right now is tied down, stuck in Murfreesboro. S, however, is extremely happy.
I can't help but think that so much more is out there, waiting to be discovered. And i can't wait to discover it.