Tuesday, March 15, 2005 / Comments (0) / by elizabeth

from my xanga, created by and for my 8th graders...

You can't save me...you can't change me...I'm waiting for a wake-up call...

Dear You,

I know I can't save you...I'm not trying. I can't, anyway...there's only One who can. But you are better than the person you pretend to be. Your eyes are haunted, your mind is numb. And I wonder who hurt you. Who did this to you? And I am angry. Not with you, but with the people who have surrounded you for so long and don't really know you. They don't even try...they quit trying a long time ago. They gave up.

You hide behind this facade...this mask. Those clothes, that certain make-up. I see through you. I see your pain...I feel it too. I know your struggle. I know you feel worthless, unloved, unappreciated, stupid, crazy...like anything but a person of value. You are a person whose feelings go deeper than the flesh...the flesh that binds your hurt, your sorrow, your anguish that consumes you. So you have to let it out in the best way you know how. You have to try to feel human, to feel pain...but you're past the point of pain. I at least understand that much.

What I don't understand is how to help. How to reach you. How to make it better. How to make you see what you are doing. How to force you to make good choices. How to help you see yourself through my perspective instead of your own twisted one. When I look at you I see beautiful. I see amazing, smart, creative, funny. I see LIFE. I think you might see death, and that's what scares me.

I won't ever give up on you...you are stronger than this addiction.

e


Don't wanna change you girl...don't wanna save the world
Don't wanna blame you for the same things you just can't learn