Wednesday, March 09, 2005 / Comments (0) / by elizabeth

from my xanga, created by and for my 8th graders...

Yeah, didn't leave school until 5:40. And you think I just threw this grammar stuff together at the last minute? No way, dude. But enough about school...I promised myself I wouldn't talk about school in here.

Now I am at home...alone for the first time in a few days. I mean, really alone...the alone where I don't have anything to do or anyone to talk to. And I like it sometimes.

I like to be alone and read my Bible and just listen to God. Wait for Him to speak for once, instead of me taking up the whole conversation. Allow Him to mold my heart after His. To just sit in the silence of my own solitude and be still before the throne.

I was debating whether to talk about "God stuff" in this thing or not...but then I decided that it's mine. Others are free to talk about whatever and they don't hold back, so neither should I. God is not just a small part of my life...He is the ultimate Life-giver, the Lover of my soul. Therefore, it is impossible for me to be honest with myself and you without mentioning Him...(NOT the band, but Him as in God!)

I had a comment earlier that made me think about Christianity and the stigma that goes with it. So many people are quick to say it's false because they look at the lives of those around them that claim Christ. But as I told him - we are all hypocrites. We are all fallen from grace, sucky people who make mistakes and bad choices. Even Christians. In other words, we are humans. My point is, I will let you down at some point. I will mess up, make a bad choice, say or do something that is not Christ-like...let me go ahead and warn you in advance. I won't do it on purpose, but it's gonna happen. Therefore, be careful not to judge Christianity by Christians...judge it by the One who created you, the One who knows your heart because He made it.

For those of you who do claim Christ...let me encourage you to think before you speak and before you act. PEOPLE ARE WATCHING YOU to make sure your actions match your words. Guard your tongue and your heart, and don't be afraid to speak up when necessary. On the other hand, don't speak in generalizations and force people into the boxes society has created for them. Try to stay away from labels...they only serve to drive people further apart.


The LORD your God is with you,

he is mighty to save.

He will take great delight in you,

he will quiet you with his love,

he will rejoice over you with singing."

Zephaniah 3:17