make a list monday!

Monday, July 14, 2008 / Comments (1) / by elizabeth

my sweet friend ashley decided to make every monday 'make a list monday,' so today i joined her.


my particular brand of crazy:


  1. the clothes in my closet are color-coordinated. the biggest section is black. back when I had my own [walk in] closet they were coordinated by sleeve length, but not anymore. the clothes all face the same way. also, if I don't have time to put my clothes away correctly, they stay in the basket. so I guess we can call that selective OCD. I also fold my underwear, but that is due to lack of space.
  2. I am extremely brand loyal when it comes to products. I don't try new deodorant, lotion, toothpaste, shampoo & conditioner, etc very often. unless my favorite brand makes a new kind (like Dove's new Cream Oil body wash!), then I stick with what works.
  3. I send about 3000 text messages a month. I don't really know how this makes me crazy, but most people are astonished by that number. the look on their faces when I tell them (because I get asked that a lot for some reason) = elizabeth is crazy.
  4. I can't go to bed without checking my email. at least twice. and in order to sleep I need earplugs, an eye mask, chapstick, and water. but only in new york – I can sleep without these things other places.
  5. I use hand sanitizer at work compulsively. like every thirty minutes. my fave co-worker makes fun of me for it, but I catch her using it every so often.
  6. I often meet people on planes. I met a girl on a plane on the way to TN for Christmas in 2006 and she is now one of my favorite new york friends. she and I went to college together and were both in sororities but never met. another lady I met had just lost her husband and was trying to figure out what life looked like without him. pretty sure I cried with her. and then mailed her a book a few weeks later. and the last time I flew back to new york from TN I met a fun couple and I think I'm going to hang out with them at the end of the month.
  7. I hate routine and monotony but I need it. for the most part I would consider myself spontaneous but can let myself get carried away. if this happens, and i start feeling like life is out of control, I try to be still and breathe for a while (see: this past weekend). however, when i feel too restricted i'm certain to remedy that sitch by hopping on a plane, or something of the sort.
  8. i'm hot [temperature wise] most of the time. i could sleep with the AC on in the winter if my roommate would let me. the only time i'm cold is at work, and for some dumb reason they keep it about 60 degrees in there.
  9. i eat hummus more than the average hummus-eating person. and i like to make chicken and cheese quesadillas and dip them in it. that might be more gross than crazy.
  10. i don't know if this qualifies, but lately i've been addicted to all things vampire . if you haven't read it, please do yourself a favor and go buy it. it like $8 at target. and you will love it, i promise. right?

1 comments:

joy @ July 14, 2008 at 7:36 PM

i would like to add to this list the fact that you throw-up often and randomly. it's one of my favoritest (i know that's not a word) crazy things about you, because it makes me laugh and cringe all at the same time.