Saturday, February 26, 2005 / Comments (0) / by elizabeth

from my livejournal...

Well, I am home. Have been for a little over a month...things have been hectic as you can imagine. I was thinking about giving up the livejournal thing, but I guess I'll keep it for now. So, a little update on my life:

*I am now a middle school teacher. I teach 8th grade English and it's the hardest job I have ever had. BUT I love it and the kids rock! And yes, they call me "Miss Duncan." It's strange.

*Life in America is good. Different, but good. Some days I miss China but most days I want to kiss the ground because I am so happy to be home. They don't have central heat and air...can you imagine? We wore coats inside all the time. And carried our little portable heaters around with us from one room to another. Yeah, fun times.

*I have a newfound love of the people surrounding me. I appreciate my family and friends so much more these days. Also, I came home and got rid of a whole bunch of my things...figured if I could survive without it for 5 months then I probably don't need it.

*I sold my car before I moved to China, so now I drive the mini van. 3 months ago I would have DIED before driving that thing around...now I just laugh. I mean, it's free. And I don't drive anywhere but in town now, so I don't need a traveling car! I am looking for a new car and such, but I am paying cash so it is a process to find one that I have the money for.

*I am going to start working with the youth group at my church and I am SO excited!

*My entries are going to be public now because...well, what's the point? I've got nothing to hide.

Suffice it to say I loved China, I am glad to be home...but I would go back tomorrow if God told me to. I learned so much God and who He is, which meant learning about myself and who I am...and it was INCREDIBLE!