correspondence tuesday [two]

Tuesday, April 15, 2008 / Comments (0) / by elizabeth

for the past couple of years, I've tried to set aside time on tuesdays to write letters or send packages to the important people in my life who don't live near me. i decided to bring it to the blog and write to an anonymous [important] person each tuesday. this is the second edition - enjoy!

How have we been friends for 12 years? 15 if you count from the time in the 7th grade on the trip to Williamsburg, VA. I randomly sat down beside you, the new girl, and you taught me how to make friendship bracelets. How are we that old? And I don’t know what I did to become worthy of a friend like you – so kind and gentle, such a beautiful soul.
There are days that I wish I could see the world the way you do – you see through people into the needs of their hearts. You are by far the most compassionate person I know and you do not apologize for your convictions. Other days, I am all too aware of how our He created us to be a team, to walk through life this side of eternity together as ‘soulmate best friends,’ as we have always referred to ourselves.
You know me. You love me. Neither is an easy task but you do it anyway. You’ve talked me down from many a ledge and on occasion reminded me not only who I am, but to Whom I belong.
My favorite parts of life involve you. Centrifuge, writing notes during algebra, dramatic confessions while lifting weights (ha!), drive by foodings, watching the sunrise, “wreck buddies,” teaching preschool, sharing more than one job, spending time at cnc, front porch and back deck conversations, graduation in the hot hot sun, learning to like [and then falling totally in love with!] your family, making t-shirts that made no sense to anyone but us, saving lives due to your super sleuthing skills, driving to Atlanta on a whim and realizing on the way back that we have no music, hoarding food like a squirrel, introducing you to your future husband, o’charley’s potato soup, new year’s eve 2003, sitting on the beach with nothing but a good book and good company, phone calls across the world and then across the country, Passion ’06, U2, the precious week I got to spend with you before your wedding day, then your WEDDING DAY!, your continuous support and encouragement for all of my creative endeavors, staying up ‘til 2 am laughing at who knows what, and most importantly - the stability that your friendship offers...if I had it to do over again, I’d do it all the same.

i take for granted that you know how important you are to me. you are irreplaceable.

love,
elizabeth