correspondence tuesday [four]

Tuesday, April 29, 2008 / Comments (0) / by elizabeth

for the past couple of years, I've tried to set aside time on tuesdays to write letters or send packages to the important people in my life who don't live near me. i decided to bring it to the blog and write to an anonymous [important] person each tuesday. this is the fourth edition - enjoy!

Remember our freshman year of high school when God was totally watching us in that Physical Science class (Honors, because we’re smart) and probably laughing because He knew where we would be in 5 years? And how it’s so weird you can “know” someone for years and not really know them until you move to China together and spend 5 difficult but wonderful months of your life with them? Me too. I love our story.

I love how our minds are intertwined and our souls are knit together like Jonathan and David’s [1 Sam 18:1].

I love when I get in the car with you and make a lame attempt at pretending that everything’s great and your questions stop me in my tracks. I love that you can tell when I’m anxious. I love your sense of humor and wit – it’s intelligent wit that not many people possess. It’s unique, like you. I love that you trust me because I realize what a precious gift that is. I love your wisdom and discernment. I love that we share a fascination for all things celebrity/pop culture, including [but of course not limited to] Gossip Girl, The Hills, and Teen Vogue. I love that you enjoy looking at house plans. I love your innate ability to put together outfits [ensembles] that look incredible but no one else would think of them. You’re a fashion inspiration! I love how our perspectives (and opinions) are so similar. I love LOVE your model walk, especially in the pink heels. I love that you think about things before you say them because you know just how important words are. I love your heart for orphaned children and am so honored to share that with you.

I have learned so much from you, so much I would never have known if God didn't place you in my life at the right time. And although we haven't lived in the same city for more than 6 months over the last 4 years, it just keeps getting better. We've always wanted to change the world, and I'd say let's do it, future tense...except we already are, present tense. We're making an impact right where we are as well as to the ends of the earth. There's no one else I'd rather do this with - this changing the world thing is hard stuff but I am so grateful there's a you and a me to do it together.

Thank you for listening, encouraging, asking, inspiring, laughing, talking, knowing, and loving.
I simply adore you.


love,
elizabeth