correspondence tuesday [eleven]

Tuesday, June 24, 2008 / Comments (0) / by elizabeth

for the past couple of years, I've tried to set aside time on tuesdays to write letters or send packages to the important people in my life who don't live near me. i decided to bring it to the blog and write to an anonymous [important] person each tuesday. this is the eleventh edition - enjoy!

Old friend, I hear you.
I know just how you feel.
I've been in your shoes before.
I've seen your worries,
and I can understand everything you're going through.

My friend, I've listened.
Things only can improve.
You have all the time in the world.
So keep on fighting,
and never let them say there's anything that you can't do.

Cause I believe in you, your time is coming.
Don't give up tonight.
There's a life ahead, your time is coming.
Don't let go tonight.

I watched as you sat with a cigarette in your hand
holding a drink in the other
trying to drown all your pain…

Old friend, you'll realize,
good things are worth the wait.
Enjoy the times that you have.
You'll see a new day
when darkness fades again
and the sun can rise to shine.

And I believe in you, your time is coming.
Don't give up tonight.
There's a life ahead, your time is coming.
Don't let go tonight.

- Piano Song by Juliana Theory, because sometimes other people say it better than I can