sing us a song and we'll sing it back to you....

Thursday, June 05, 2008 / Comments (2) / by elizabeth

welcome to volume II of can't! stop! listening! to!
some of these are old, some are newish...but here are the songs on my recent playlist or just running through my head, and as usual the lyrics that pierce my soul:

1. Table for Two, Derek Webb
[And You know the plans that You have for me
And You can't plan the end and not plan the means
And so I suppose I just need some peace
Just to get me to sleep
]

2. Break the Same, MuteMath
[The different stars tonight
will somehow fade the same
and all the tears we cry
tell us we're made the same
and when we fall aside
let's hope we fall in place
we built our different lives
but they all break the same
]

3. Even the Streets, Matt Wertz
[I tried leaving you at home
but every thought returns to you
My head it seems to roam
No matter what I do
]

4. Little Miss Obsessive, Ashlee Simpson
[I don't even know the lyrics, but it sure is fun]

5. Down, Something Corporate
[Let's get crazy,
Talk about our big plans
Places that you're going
Places that I haven't been
Build my walls up
Concrete castle
Keep this kingdom free of hassle
]

6. Hundred, The Fray
[So this is where you are, and this is where I am
Somewhere between unsure and a hundred]

7. Franklin, Paramore
[When we get home
i know we wont be home at all
this place we live
it's not where we belong
and i miss who we were
and the town we could call our own
going back to get away after everything has changed
everything has changed]

8. Falling in Love at a Coffee Shop, Landon Pigg
[No one understands me quite like you do
Through all of the shadowy corners of me]

9. It's for the Best, Straylight Run
[But I was scared to death of eternity
I was saved by grace
But destroyed by naivety
And I lied to myself
And said it was for the best]

10. Good Life, Andy Davis
[We struggle to pay rent
'cause jeans are expensive
professional children
it's just the way that we live]

2 comments:

Anonymous @ June 16, 2008 at 11:52 PM

and that is my favorite paramore song. it reminds me of running along the ocean in portugal. i still don't know where home is.

elizabeth @ June 17, 2008 at 10:19 AM

@nelly, i'm learning more and more that "home" is a fluid concept.