that girl.

Thursday, September 25, 2008 / Comments (2) / by elizabeth

so, this guy wrote a post that inspired me. check it out, then come back and read mine :)

i constantly underestimate the power of Jesus.
i love the words ‘authentic’ and ‘real’ yet hole myself up in my room to avoid conversation– esp. when things need to be talked about.
i only post the good pictures of myself, and de-teg any with a double chin.
i have serious writers block when i have unresolved Heart Issues, though i would have you believe it’s because i’m so busy.
i am jealous of everyone else. probably even you.
i want to be unique.
i want to fit in.
i am super critical when i don’t understand or don’t agree.
i think my worldview is the ‘best’ or ‘right’ one.
i have a difficult time being fully present – i spend a lot of time in my future, and even more in my past.
i do a lot of things based on what i think others’ perceptions are of me.
i compare myself to everyone. probably even you.
i am too quick to judge.
i love to talk about myself.

but.

i am learning that you can’t follow Someone if you can’t trust them. and you can’t trust Someone if you don’t believe they love you.

God loves me.

i really, really want to believe Him, to trust Him, to follow Him.

2 comments:

Anonymous @ September 27, 2008 at 7:55 PM

How beautifully and wonderfully honest! We all have these little issues that we deal with and it's so refreshing to be reminded that you're not the only crazy person out there. MUUUUAAAAAHHHH!

joy @ September 27, 2008 at 11:34 PM

I love this:
you can’t trust Someone if you don’t believe they love you

It's so true. It goes for everyone, not just Someone with a capital S.

Thanks for the reminder.