there is no security in distance...

Tuesday, September 21, 2004 / Comments (0) / by elizabeth

from my livejournal...

Well, here I am in China at an internet cafe type thing, surrounded by people who don't speak my language, and all I can think about is people from home. Home, of course, being relative. Home as in America, as in mom and dad and family friends and those of you who read this. I feel like so many people in my life are falling apart (is that one word or two? I should know these things). Not that circumstances would change if I were home, but it's still hard to think about such things and know that I can do nothing to change people. I can do nothing to make people believe or even follow. All I can do is tell people what I know to be true...the rest is not my responsibility. Being somewhat codependent, that's easier said than done (no pun intended).Anyway, I am learning a lot, spiritually of course and language - wise. Some days are fun, others are harder. We are still not sure exactly what our task is here...we are wondering if it is just that - a task - or a time period. 6 months is not our magic number, there's nothing saying I won't be home in a month, or a year... Not that I want to leave, but that it's not up to us when we are finished here. I just want to do what He wants me to do, to follow Him as closely as possible, and remember that there are a lot of things that are good but there's only one best. And that goes for everyone.