correspondence tuesday [one]

Tuesday, April 08, 2008 / Comments (0) / by elizabeth

for the past couple of years, I've tried to set aside time on tuesdays to write letters or send packages to the important people in my life who don't live near me. i decided to bring it to the blog and write to an anonymous [important] person each tuesday. this is the first edition - enjoy!

The only thing I can think of to say is thank you…for being my friend, for loving me, for knowing how I feel just by the look on my face – and for being sensitive to me. I have just recently realized how rare it is to have friends like you and I am so grateful.
I watched you talk to those broken people like Jesus would have. Just the right amount of compassion, just the right amount of Truth. You were amazing with them. They were all scared. They all had a reason to believe they needed to be tested for HIV and you treated each one of them kindly, as if they were your friend. You spoke gently. You had a terrifying experience in the emergency room of a hospital in New York City and you found the beauty in it.
You pushed aside your personal issues and focused on a job that needed to be done. You missed your family, you hadn't had sleep in a week and you still got everything done perfectly. Everyone who met you told me how great you are and how much they enjoyed you.
I think you are beautiful. You love people the way you want – and deserve – to be loved. I want to be like you when I grow up.

love,
elizabeth