as I'm swimming through the stereo, i'm writing you a symphony of sound

Wednesday, February 11, 2009 / Comments (1) / by elizabeth

welcome to can't! stop! listening! to! volume IV, the super special Valentine's Edition.

Volume I - what matters most? everything that you feel while listening to every word i sing
Volume II - sing us a song and we'll sing it back to you
Volume III - sing out, sing out, your voice is all you have

I'm a sucker for a good love song and especially for certain lines in a good love song:

1. Hero/Heroine, Boys Like Girls
And I feel a weakness coming on
ever felt so good to be so wrong
Had my heart on lockdown
And then you turned me around

2. Love Is Waiting, Brooke Fraser
I could write a million songs about the way you say my name
I could live a lifetime with you and then do it all again

3. The Minstrel's Prayer, Cartel
Just hold the hand and drop the knee
You're facing love
You're embracing melody

4. Stolen, Dashboard Confessional
You have stolen my heart
And from the ballroom floor we are in celebration
One good stretch before our hibernation
Our dreams assured and we all, will sleep well

5. This Year's Love, David Gray
This years love had better last
Heaven knows it's high time
and I've been waiting on my own too long

6. When the Lights Go Out, Derek Webb & Sandra McCracken
In the middle of this circus
You’re the thing that gets me through
So I dive beneath the surface and close my eyes and see you

7. More Than Anyone, Gavin DeGraw
Look in my eyes, what do you see?
Not just the color
Look inside of me
Tell me all you need and I will try
I will try
I'm going to love you more than anyone

8. Power of Two, Indigo Girls
You know the things
I'm afraid ofI'm not afraid to tell
And if we ever leave a legacy
It's that we loved each other well

9. Better Together, Jack Johnson
Love is the answer,
At least for most of the questions in my heart
Like why are we here? and where do we go?
And how come it's so hard?
It's not always easy
and sometimes life can be deceiving
I'll tell you one thing its always better when we're together

10. MFEO -Made for Each Other/ You Can Breathe, Jack's Mannequin
And maybe, we were made
We were made for each other
Is it possible for the world to look this way forever?

11. Lucky, Jason Mraz
They don't know how long it takes
Waiting for a love like this
Every time we say goodbye
I wish we had one more kiss
I'll wait for you
I promise you, I will

12. Honey And The Moon, Joseph Arthur
Don't know why I'm still afraid
If you weren't real I would make you up now
I wish that I could follow through
I know that your love is true and deep as the sea

13. Hamburg Song, Keane
I'd like to bring a little light
To shine a light on your life
To make you feel loved
No, don't wanna be the only one you know
I wanna be the place you call home

14. Falling In Love At a Coffee Shop, Landon Pigg
I think that possibly
Maybe I'm falling for you
No one understands me quite like you do
Through all of the shadowy corners of me

15. She Will Be Loved, Maroon 5
I don't mind spending everyday
Out on your corner in the pouring rain
Look for the girl with the broken smile
Ask her if she wants to stay awhile
And she will be loved

16. Augustine, Nevertheless
Don't say a word
I hope that you know
There's truth in the way that we feel
The current is strong
I'll never let go of you

17. When It Don't Come Easy, Patty Griffin
But if you break down
I'll drive out and find you
If you forget my love
I'll try to remind you
And stay by you when it don't come easy

18. Such Great Heights, The Postal Service
And I have to speculate
That God himself did make us into
Corresponding shapes like puzzles pieces
From the clay

19. This Everyday Love, Rascal Flatts
Every afternoon I make a phone call
Listen to the voice that warms my heart
I drag myself through a few more hours
Then head on home to try and beat the dark
Her smile will be right there, when I step through that door
And it will be that way tomorrow, just like everyday before

20. Your Call, Secondhand Serenade
'Cause I was born to tell you I love you
and I am torn to do what I have to
to make you mine
Stay with me tonight

21. Chasing Cars, Snow Patrol
If I lay here
If I just lay here
Would you lie with me and just forget the world?

22. Island, The Starting Line
Let's sail away
Find our own country
We'll build a house and beds out of palm trees
Let's get away
Let's push our lives aside

23. Fast Car, Tracy Chapman
I remember we were driving driving in your car
The speed so fast I felt like I was drunk
City lights lay out before us
And your arm felt nice wrapped 'round my shoulder
And I had a feeling that I belonged
And I had a feeling I could be someone...

24. A Man and a Woman, U2
You can run from love
And if it's really love it'll find you

25. Bridge Over Troubled Water, Simon and Garfukel*
When darkness comes
And pains is all around
Like a bridge over troubled water
I will lay me down
* Suggested by alison, because i was stuck at #24 (thanks, friend!)